Now that Melissa has walked you through organizing your kitchen, you might really enjoy cooking these days! A clean kitchen is so much more enjoyable to cook in! Here's an easy and delicious pot pie recipe that my family loves on these blustery nights!!
4 cups chicken broth
1 boullion cube
1/2 cup butter
1/2 onion, chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
3 tbsp fresh chives, or 11/2 tbsp dried
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup whipping cream
3 tbsp cooking sherry
9 oz frozen peas
6 oz frozen pearl onions
1 rotisserie chicken shredded
2 uncooked refrigerated pie crusts (Whole Foods sells a brand that doesn't use hydrogenated fat)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Melt butter in large pot and add chopped onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and chives. Saute until tender.
3. Meanwhile, in smaller pot, heat up the broth with boullion cube.
4. Add flour and stir until it's smooth and thickened, about a minute or two.
5. Pour in hot broth, cream, sherry, chicken, and frozen veggies. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring often. Salt and Pepper to taste.
6. Pour into ungreased 9x13 pyrex dish. Unroll your pie crusts and place on top (you may have to trim some edges off). Cut a few slits into them.
7. I also do an egg white wash on top using 1 egg white and 1 tbsp of water. After brushing that on I sprinkle course salt on top.
8. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Bon appetit!!