Friday, November 11, 2011

The Spirit of Thanksgiving


(Credit: Saint.Seminole Flickr.com -- Creative Commons )

This Friday Melissa and I continue with sharing what we are thankful for as Thanksgiving draws closer, at what seems to be record speed! First, we are both thankful for our veterans, young and old, who have fought to protect all that our beautiful country stands for. And also, for the spouses and families of these brave soldiers, who have endured sacrifices we can only imagine. 

Share with us what you're grateful for today!!



This has been one of the most unique years of my life.  Last year ended with me losing my job.  I always say there is nothing like losing something really important to you to help you realize all the blessings you have DO have in your life.  There are so many things that I am thankful for this year.  I am thankful that I was raised in a Christian family who took me to church so that I could learn about God’s love.  I was raised in an awesome family with lots of love and happiness. 
I am thankful that God sent me the most wonderful life-long friend in my husband.   We celebrated our 10 year anniversary this year and He couldn’t have picked a better partner. He is a hard worker, at work and at home.  I am thankful that my 9 year old son is happy, smart and healthy.  I am thankful for my husband’s job though it takes him away from us, it provides an income so that we can pay our bills and keep a roof over our heads, even though it is falling down around us sometimes.  I am thankful for the land and wisdom that the Lord gave us to help sustain our family.  I am thankful for all of our animals and the future little ones to come.  We are very fortunate to have a wonderful church family.  I am blessed with wonderful friends that make me smile.  I can’t imagine my life any other way than it is right now at this moment.  Thank you Lord for all the blessings in our life, present, past and future.  

Melissa 

I'm thankful today for family also. My husband who is a joy, watching the Lord work through him has been an amazing journey to witness. My beautiful first born, full of smiles and giggles, he has such a heart full of joy already. The precious new life growing in my belly, what a blessing. My mother and father who are my two best friends, they have taught me the things of Truth and of the Spirit and how to walk in them and for that I am eternally grateful. My brothers and sisters, and all their children who make the holidays so special. 
I'm thankful for our little white farmhouse that will soon be full of the pitter patter of little feet! I'm also thankful for my husband's growing business, and while I miss him when he's away, words cannot express the gratitude I have for being able to stay home with our children. 
I'm incredibly thankful for Pastor Callahan and everybody at Grace Fellowship, my husband and I have learned so much about YHWH and His Kingdom through them. 

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment