Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Creamy Potato Soup

As autumn arrives I find myself excited once again for trying new soup recipes! I love soups for their simple ingredients, easy preparation, and the comfort they bring on a chilly damp fall night! 



INGREDIENTS

4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
1 cup chopped carrots (my addition)
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Old Bay)
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 80z package cream cheese cut into chunks

DIRECTIONS

1. Combine broth, potatoes, carrots, onions, and spices.

2. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.

3. Smash a few potatoes to thicken it a bit. (I blended mine with my immersion blender to have a more smooth consistency... easier to get veggies in my toddler that way)

4. Reduce heat and add the cream cheese.

5. Stir until melted and then serve! I grated cheddar cheese on top but ham or bacon would be great too! On the side I served toasted pita bread with butter... everyone cleaned their bowls! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Your Potato Soup looks amazing! This is a hearty soup that's great, especially when the weather changes.

    ReplyDelete