- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup flour (I use oat flour due to wheat allergy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large egg whites (egg sensitivity, use almond milk)
- 1 pound sliced chicken tenders
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with olive oil spray.
2. Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor; process until the almonds are finely chopped and thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute. With the motor running, drizzle in oil; process until combined. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
3. Whisk egg whites in another shallow dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat. Transfer each tender to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly. Place the tenders on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
4. Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
Honey Mustard dipping sauce
Ingredients• 1½ tsp honey
• 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard