Last year after studying ingredient lists and spending a lot of money on natural care body care items, I decided to start learning to make my own body items. Body wash is the easiest and cheapest thing I have ever made! It only takes a few minutes to whip up a batch. You can make it from things you have on hand right now. A bar of soap, water and olive oil. This recipe doubles as a hand soap as well! Once you use this you will never go back to buying body wash or hand soap filled with toxins and chemicals. Save your last pump bottle and reuse it for your very own mixture. (I take off the labels first.)
1. Grate a bar of soap. I have been told that moisturizing soaps like Dove do not work well. You might want to use the brand you have on hand already this time. Then next time you can pick a natural soap. You can work on this recipe until it is just like you like it.
3. Once it boils, turn off the heat and add the grated soap. Continue to stir until the soap is completely melted. Add a teaspoon of olive oil.
4. Let it sit to cool for at least 15 minutes. Stir again. You should see that the mixture has started to become thicker.
5. Allow it to cool for several hours or overnight.
6. Stir to check the consistency. You can adjust it even at this point. If it is too thick you can reheat and add more water. Same goes for if it is too thin, reheat and add more soap. But keep in mind the finished product is a little thick, test it in your bottle if you aren't sure.
7. Pour into jars or containers. Enjoy!!