White Distilled Vinegar is an effective and inexpensive cleaner for many different surfaces in your home, but if you are like me, the smell can be overpowering. I found a solution to this problem. This is the only cleaner that I use in my home now. It works great and I don't have to worry about the chemicals that are found in the products bought at the store!
Lemon (or other citrus) Peels
White Distilled Vinegar
2. Chop all lemon peels into small sections.
3. Fill a large, wide mouth jar with the chopped lemon peels. (I make fresh squeezed lemonade every week, so I have plenty of lemon peels for this task.) Recipe here If you do not, you could collect them in a Ziploc bag or airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator until you have enough.
4. Cover the peels with white distilled vinegar.
5. Let brew for four weeks, shaking the jar occasionally to mix it up. Once the four weeks are up, strain the liquid mixture twice.
6. In a spray bottle mix equal parts of the mixture and water for a stronger clean. Put one cup of mixture with the rest of the bottle filled with water for normal cleaning. This makes a great window cleaner and counter top cleaner. I love to use it on my shower. Test surfaces first by just cleaning a small area.