Continuing on the pumpkin theme… I made a pumpkin soup with curry last night that was really delicious and super easy (it took about 20 minutes)! It was also such a beautiful color and the house smelled amazing!! I love it when my husband comes home and comments about how good the house smells!!
1 large can of pumpkin puree (1lb)
Coconut oil (you could use olive or vegetable oil instead)
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin seed
½ tsp red pepper flakes
4 cloves minced garlic
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (this is in the natural/organic part of the grocery store usually)
Salt and pepper (I used white pepper)
1. Put oil in stock pot and when warm add the spices.
2. Simmer for a few minutes and add the garlic.
3. Add broth and pumpkin and stir until well mixed.
4. Add the coconut milk and let gently simmer for a 10-15 minutes.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
I garnished with a little fresh parsley from the garden too!
Makes about 4 servings.
(Found the recipe at traditionalfoods.com but I made it much more simple… more my style, hahaJ)
A perfect meal when served with a salad and these homemade rolls…
Dinner rolls (4)
1 cup whole wheat flour (white works fine too, or a 50/50 mix of the 2)
¾ tbsp baking powder
½ cup milk
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Dash of salt
1. 1. Preheat oven to 425
2. 2. Combine ingredients and put in greased muffin tin.
3. 3. Bake about 10 minutes
4. That’s it!!!